427th Russian Battalion dog tag - Russ. Btl. 427, POA

  • € 200.00
  • Product code: 0134
  • Availability: In stock

Tags: 427th, Russian, Battalion, dog, tag, Russ., Btl., 427, POA, Germany, 1933–1945

427th Eastern Battalion was formed from former Russian POWs, in Central Russia on the 13th of January, 1943. Battalion guarded strategic objects, engaged in anti-partisan operations, was also directly involved in combat with the Red Army. Disbanded the same year in December. Reestablished in August 1944 in East Prussia. Transferred to Germany in January 1945 and incorporated into the 2nd Russian Division (650th Infantry Division) of Armed forces of The Committee for the Liberation of the Peoples of Russia (Russian: Вооружённые силы Комитета освобождения народов России (BC KOHP)).

Sometime between reestablishment in 1944 and transferring to Germany in 1945 battalion was renamed Russisches Bataillon 427.

Personal number - 655. Very good condition. Very rare.